Susan L Mayer, Licensed Massage Therapist (IL#227-01649)
· Owner of Muscle Dynamics Massage Therapy
· Graduate of The Chicago School of Massage Therapy, 1992
· Neuromuscular Therapy Certification, 1994
· Member of the National Flute Association Performance Health Care Committee, 1994 - 2018
· Author of The Anatomy Book for Musicians
· 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification, American Viniyoga Institute/Gary Kraftsow, 2006
· BS in Cultural Anthropology, 2011
· MS in Library and Information Science, 2014
· Amateur musician – flute, voice, hand bells
I’m Susan Mayer, a licensed massage therapist and owner of Muscle Dynamics Massage Therapy. I’ve been a massage therapist specializing in the unique problems of performing artists since 1992. As an amateur flutist, I felt how playing an instrument can cause stress and fatigue in the body. I have brought flutists and other musicians relief of that discomfort for over 25 years.
As an expert in designing massage therapy for the unique needs of musicians, my goal is to help them feel good and hurt less while practicing and performing. The way I work is different from many massage therapists. Sessions are interactive and created with each musician’s concern in mind.
In addition to individual private sessions, I teach workshops and masterclasses on massage therapy and yoga for musicians. Nothing makes my heart sing than bringing comfort to performing artists so they care share their joy of music with the world.
Contact me to see how I can help you play pain free. Not a musician but you have chronic pain? I can help with that too.